EORIC Satellite Operations manages and maintains four (4) satellite ground station antennas for the acquisition of remote sensing and earth observation data for research and education. This includes two full-motion antennas that support Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C), one fixed antenna and one Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) referencing station. The ground stations operate across L, S, X and C frequency bands.
Current Services provided
• Hosting services
• Ground station installation (consultancy, procurement, import, logistics, site survey, civil works, electrical, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) works integration, acceptance testing and commissioning).
• 24/7 project management and maintenance of ground station antennas
• TT&C (telemetry, tracking and command) services
• Systems and radio-frequency engineering
• Applied research development and innovation in operations and applications
• TOS (transfer-orbit support) services
• IoT (internet of things) services
• Carrier monitoring services
• Spacecraft launch life-cycle
• Emergency support
Satellite Ground Station Antennas
As part of the EORIC core mandate to acquire value-added satellite and in-situ based data for research and education and also to provide transfer of ultra-modern affordable space science skills and technology for meeting the needs of society, the centre with the support of the Ghana government (SDF COVET Funding) and the University installed two antenna systems and through a partnership with Atlas Space Operation Inc. and University Cooperation and Atmospheric Research-UCAR, all from the USA installed another two antenna system for satellite data acquisition. All the antenna systems are located at the main University campus, Sunyani-Ghana.